Staging Homes isn't as easy as it's portrayed on HGTV. Quite the contrary and

 

We’ve seen many properties that required a "unique approach" to getting them listed at the top of its market.  Research agrees houses should have personality. Each home is different, and we do not take a generic approach to the stage. Our goal is to make your property stand above the competition.


We’ve developed a comprehensive process for staging a property to help get our clients the best (and Quickest) results possible. This is accomplished through either a Proposal or an Assessment.

                               Proposal for Home Staging

It starts with a conversation on the phone, so we can get a sense of the scope of the property and decide if we’re a good fit for the projectWe prefer to not quote exact numbers over the phone until the property is walked or pictures reviewed.

One of our professional stagers will take a trip to the site to preview the property. They will then create a detailed design plan based on their inspection that is influenced by the demographics research of the buyers moving into the neighborhood. The stager will also determine what types/quantity of furniture, artwork, and accessories are needed for the project. Based on that design plan, the stager will create a proposal.

During an on-site visit the stager will:

Take photos to capture the layout and features of the property

Assess the neighborhood

Study the demographics of the area

Take notes on the property or home

The proposal states the scope of the project, like what rooms or areas will be staged, plus the cost of the project for both the initial 60-day period and the subsequent 30-day renewals. It will be sent to you in the form of a contract, so you can read through everything.

If you agree and sign the contract, we charge 75% as a non-refundable deposit and the remaining 25% is charged prior to the scheduled staging of the property.

Rest assured, the changes the stager has in the design plan are suggestions to help increase the appeal for prospective buyers.

We’ll even help you figure out logistics, such as specifying what to put into storage —

 

we make sure to cover all the details when you hire us. You can expect to receive your proposal within 24 to 48 hours after our on-site visit.

Staging Assessment

A Staging Assessment is where a professional stager comes to your property and goes room by room through the home. It’s a thorough walkthrough and after 24 hours, a detailed report will be provided to you on what exactly needs to be done to properly stage your property.

Examples of changes they might suggest:

Decluttering a room

Re-positioning furniture or artwork

Identifying a color of paint that will show better

There is a one-time fee for an assessment and you will be billed once you receive the report. If you decide not to personally undertake the project, we’re happy to provide you with a proposal Instead.

 

If you’d like help with any details in the report, we’re happy to provide a bid to handle any of those tasks. We’re also more than happy to help you customize a plan to fit your budget.

Disclaimer: If you decide to hire us, we will be more than happy to take on the project as professional stagers, but clients are not allowed to choose the items to be used in the staging.

We are hired for our expertise and knowledge of what helps a buyer make an emotional connection to the property. If you are a seller or real estate agent, please understand that we’re not staging for your style — our focus is on the target buyer and understanding that neighborhood’s demographics. The contract we send to you will state that we are happy to make changes to staging or incorporate specific requests, but you will be billed on an hourly rate for that effort, which will be specified within the contract. Many people think decorating a home is the same as staging, but there’s a lot more to it — our results reflect our expertise in staging and the countless sales we’ve helped make because we do more than just decorate.

Stationary_Header.png

    Torrance CA 90505                                 chanel@motif.la       tel: 949 .441. 9581

  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Yelp Business black icon link